Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Little Tokyo - Sushi

Sushi Review

Recently I tried a new little sushi place near my hometown. Little Tokyo is no stranger to winning sushi awards and has many locations (at least here in PA). I stopped in to one of these establishments on my lunch break and loved the scenery and the smell of the restaurant. The Little Tokyo I went to had 4 sushi chefs all diligently making and preparing sushi.

I was immediately brought to the sushi bar and given both their Hibachi and Sushi menu. As an odd side note the waitress brought me a warm towel as I sat down. I assume this is to wipe your hands prior to the meal. It was a nice gesture and something I wish more places would do.

Looking over the menu I noticed a wide variety of hibachi and sushi items. I was amazed at the variety but a little disappointed that the sushi menu only had the sushi name and no ingredients. I had to frequently ask the waitress what each item included. Eventually I just got a basic Philly Roll which included Cream Cheese, Cucumber, and Salmon. (This in my opinion is a very basic roll but has a very unique taste).

My sushi arrived very quickly along with the salad I ordered. The taste and aroma of the Philly Roll was amazing. I took one bite and felt as though I was in heaven. The Salmon had a very delicate taste that just melted in the mouth. Each ingredient was in perfect harmony and  blended perfectly. I was awe struck and saddened once I had finished my meal.

The waitress brought me my check and I was amazed at the price. 8 dollars for both sushi and a salad. I could not believe how good of a meal I got for so cheap! I highly recommend Little Tokyo and cannot wait to go again.


Pros:
Excellent Sushi and Great Prices. The atmosphere is top notch and amazes me with the wide variety and aromas. 
Service is quick and the waitress are very kind.

Cons:
Unless you are a sushi veteran a lot of the menu items give no indication of ingredients.

Rating 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment